Manslaughter Charge (Call 866-665-2451 for your Criminal Defense)
Manslaughter Charge – A woman who has now been made famous by her mug shot in which she is smiling, has a new manslaughter charge against her.
Facts of the DUI and Manslaughter Charge
- The accident involved three vehicles. The suspect re-ended a vehicle who then re-ended a tractor trailer.
- The 60 year old victim died four days after the accident at Ocala Regional Medical Center. She was a passenger in the second car of the accident for which her daughter was driving.
- The suspect is Angenette Marie Welk who is a wife and mother and is forty four years old.
- The suspect’s blood alcohol content (BAC) was 0.172 percent which is twice the legal limit in Florida
- The suspect was initially arrested for suspicion of driving under the influence and she was released on a $10,000 bond.
- The suspect was re-arrested with upgraded charges of DUI manslaughter.
- These are fatality accident in which the individual who caused the crash has also been consuming alcohol or drugs was operating a motor vehicle.
- This is different from DUI Murder as intent is not a consideration.
- If there is gross negligence involved is will always be a felony. California PC 191.5(a)
- If there is ordinary negligence the charge can be pursued as either a felony or a misdemeanor. California PC 191.5(b)
If you have been charged with a DUI related charge it is imperative that you contact an attorney with experience to defend you in court as the charges against you are serious. There are a series of dates that can not be missed or there will be serious consequences. In addition, you will also have to deal with the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV).
Related Articles to read: